About Us

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thoughts on Proverbs: How are we "building our house"?

"The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish ones tears hers down" 
Proverbs 14:1


I read through proverbs every month and this verse always causes me to pause and reflect.  I so desperately want to be the "wise woman" in this verse who "builds my house".  So, here are some thoughts that I jotted down for all of us to prayerfully consider. 

How am I building my house...

Spiritually:  Is Christ at the center of our homes?  Are we using everyday scenarios to practically teach our children biblical principles?

Emotionally:  Are we "building up" our children and husband with our words or tearing them down?  Are we establishing a home of peace and joy?  Do our husbands feel loved and welcomed when they come home from work?

Physically:  Are there areas in ours home that need organization?  Do we have proper systems and routines in place to make sure that our homes are in order?  Are we providing nutritional food for our family? 

I am still thinking and praying about these concepts and would love to hear how you apply this scripture in your own life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment