About Us

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Staying Connected

As we begin the "Deuteronomy 6 Road" together- a journey of diligently teaching our children about God- we must make sure we are starting with the proper foundation.  In Deut. 6: 6, it says that God's commands must be upon OUR hearts.  Our first priority is to make sure that WE are connected to Christ. 

John 15:5 says, " I am the vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  Are we staying connected to the vine?  If we are not connected to Jesus, then we are not connected to our life source.  We may struggle as mothers and fathers to walk in peace, patience, and joy. 

I have found myself in this place over the past few weeks.  Due to sickness, I was not waking early to have my quiet time.  Combine that with the busyness of the Christmas season, and you could say that I was slowly becoming disconnected.  Within these few weeks, I was not relying on God's strength; instead, I was losing my joy and vision. 

Thankfully, our God is a merciful God, who wants us all to walk in closeness to Him.  And because of His love, He has helped me "reconnect" to the vine. 

As we begin this new year, let's make sure that we are staying connected to Christ.  In the next couple of days, I will share some practical ways that have helped me to keep Jesus as the center of my life.  Please join me- I would love to hear some of your suggestions as well!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...it's so easy to not be walking with the Lord and then I wonder why my parenting suffers. I look forward to your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete